Saturday, August 7, 2010

Well, Golly & Gosh, Maybe it's True...



"If you think you can do it, or you think you can’t do it, you are right.”
– Henry Ford


I stumbled across this quote yesterday, and it made me realize that deep down, I've had the thought that this little blog couldn't or wouldn't really make any difference for anyone but me.  My purpose for writing was to help myself embrace life and find balance, and if it helps someone else along the way, then wonderful, I thought.  But deep, deep down, my heart was also thinking, "BUT IT WON'T.  It's just not gonna touch anyone else. You're not important enough, or....[insert whatever negative thing comes to mind here]". 

But now I've been loved ambushed.  And my heart has changed from thinking "This won't matter to anyone" into... "Maybe something I post here will be just exactly what someone else needs to hear."

So, here's to hoping praying that this practice of mine will bless others in any small number of ways.  I'll be putting "feet to my faith" and trying to be a blessing more often.  I hope you'll come back and visit soon!

Have a very BLESSED weekend.

-Shell

1 comment:

SomeGirl said...

I know I tweeted this already, but I wanted to write it here, too... You're writing makes a difference in MY life! Thank you!! ♥ Michelle