Monday, February 22, 2010

Choosing Thankfulness

Tonight, I am exhausted, but I am thankful for it means I got a lot accomplished today.

Tonight, my lungs are aching from the cold, but I am thankful for being able to breathe at all, when others struggle with much more serious illnesses.

Tonight, I am freezing, but I am thankful for the roof over my head, and my warm bed to crawl into.

Tonight, I really don't want to put the boys to bed, but I am thankful for the blessing of having not one, but two wonderful children.

Tonight, I am overwhelmed by the toys that I've pulled out to sort, organize, and give away, but I am thankful that we are blessed enough to be able to provide these luxuries for our boys when many others long for simple necessities.

Tonight, I don't really want to read bedtime stories, but I am thankful for the closet full of books that my boys and I enjoy together.

Tonight, I don't feel like drinking water with my dinner, but I am thankful for clean drinking water at my fingertips any time of the day or night.

Tonight, I don't feel like doing laundry, but I am thankful for the clothes we wear and for the laundry room in which to easily get them clean.

Tonight, I am thankful for so many things....

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, 

for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (New International Version)  

What blessings are you thankful for tonight?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am thankful for you and your blog! :)

BTW...

I’ve passed along a Beautiful Blogger Award to you :) If you like, you can collect it here:
http://somegirlswebsite.com/showing-love/2010/02/beautiful-blogger-award/