Saturday, April 24, 2010

10th Annual Run to Remember

Tomorrow morning, I'm doing the 10th Anniversary Run to Remember, aka the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon.  I'm just doing the 5K, because I was finally balanced enough to not bite off more than I could chew.  And I'm glad.  If I had signed up to walk the half marathon (13.1 miles!!!!!) with my friends, like I wanted to, I'd be really kicking myself now! 

I have a ton of things to write about, but it's 10:00, and we have to get up at 4am, so it will all have to wait.  But I have kick-ass girlfriends up here in Oklahoma, and even though I've been gone for three years, it's just like it used to be.  Everyone took the time to come out and see me, and I'm so glad to have been able to say hi and chat and relax with them.  My OK girls rock!

I'll talk lots of pics and probably tweet a little once I'm done with my short course and waiting for them to finish their 13.1.  It's a very moving experience.  It defines the word awe to be down there and part of it.  I'll share it with you later.

Shell

1 comment:

SomeGirl said...

Can't wait to hear about it!