Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Plans

"What are your summer plans?"  It seems like I've been asked this daily for the last month.  We really aren't doing anything special out-of-the-ordinary.  Hanging out, swimming, VBS, enjoying each other.  Seems like nothing special, right?  But it is special.  It's oh-so-special.  It's time.  Time to enjoy each other, and count our blessings.

I ran across this poem while cleaning out my "I'm-going-to-end-up-on-that-Hoarders-TV-show" office this morning.  I think I'm going to make it my summer mantra.   Thank you, Lord,  for my two wiggly, sticky, bug-loving blessings.

A Mom's Prayer
Dear Lord, It's such a hectic day,
With little time to stop and pray,
For life's been anything but calm,
Since You called me to be a Mom.
Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with matching blocks,
Cooking, cleaning, finding shoes,
And other stuff that children lose,
Fitting lids on bottled bugs,
Wiping tears and giving hugs,
A stack of last week's mail to read, 
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet, when I steal a moment, Lord,
Just at the sink or ironing board,
To ask the blessings of Your grace,
I see them, in my small one's face,
That You have blessed me
All the while~~
And I stoop to kiss 
That precious smile.

~Author Unknown~

May you be blessed this summer.

1 comment:

SomeGirl said...

Oh, that's SO stinkin' sweet... is it the poem or the pms that makes me want to cry when I read that?! May we enjoy our chaos while we have it!